The Japanese are among the most hard-working people in the world.
Once, the workers of a shoe factory in Japan went on strike. The way they protested, represents certain facts about Japan which are typical of its industrious population. They simply worked on the manufacturing of single shoes (only for one leg). This way the production remained on course, but the company couldn’t sell the product. Once the issue was resolved, the other pair was manufactured, resulting in a win-win situation for both company and the workers.
Daily Life in Japan
- The Japanese language has a word for ‘death from overwork’. It’s Karoshi.
- The crime rate in Japan is amongst the lowest in the world.
- It has the highest life expectancy in the world and its literacy rate is almost 100%.
- Japan is the tenth largest country in terms of population, the second largest economy in the world after America, and the third largest purchasing power in the world.
- Japan is the most vulnerable nation to earthquakes amongst all the regions of the world. Each year about 1500 earthquakes are recorded in Japan.
- Japanese food is considered the most nutritious and healthy food in the world.
- It is considered inappropriate behavior in Japan to blow your nose in public or tear gift wrappings.
- It is also considered inappropriate to tear gift wrappings.
- Japan has the longest reigning monarchy in the world.
- They are the largest consumer of timber imported from the Amazon rain forests.
- The Japanese language incorporates four different forms of writing.
- English happens to be the only foreign language taught in Japanese schools.
- Rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with tea for lunches and dinners is a common Japanese diet habit.
Different and Curious
- After breaking up with their boyfriends, Japanese girls usually cut their hair.
- Men shave their heads as a form of apology.
- Japanese people ‘slurp’ their food, which is considered as a sign of tasty food. If you don’t do it in Japan, it may disappoint your host.
- There are many different varieties of ice cream to choose from. A few flavors include:
- The US has almost 90 military bases in Japan.
- Japan is an archipelago of more than 6000 islands, with the four main islands Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku and Hokkaido comprising 97% of its total land area.
- The prefecture of Greater Tokyo Area, which includes the Japanese capital Tokyo, is the largest metropolitan area in the world.
- Japanese constitution provides for an article, completely renouncing war or aggression.
- The Japanese culture is essentially entertainment loving. It has the largest density of cafe’s, massage parlors, gaming centers, restaurants and clubs in one square kilometer area, more than anywhere on the Earth.
Japanese people are extremely fun-loving, intelligent and friendly people.
They are one of the leading nations of the world in technology, science, human development and inventions.
Please help us pray for the lost in Japan. Ask God to send more laborers specifically to the country of Japan.